By Swagatika Das, Founder Nat Habit,
Another year just whizzed past us, and how! Juggling between moments of celebrations, moments of stress, and moments of ‘what went right’ & ‘what went wrong’, we halted at many milestones over the year, and touched lakhs of people! Building a brand is tough, and building an organisation is tougher. But with an exceptional team that believes in my vision, we have managed to get this far. I cannot express my gratitude enough to both my fellow Natizens and my customers for bringing Nat Habit to this stage.
Here is a quick flashback of what we did in 2022:
- The Year began with a flurry of excitement and activity with us raising our Series A funding of $4 Million led by one of the leading early-stage investment platforms Fireside Ventures, who are known in the market for growing many loved consumer brands such as MamaEarth, boAt, Vadham India, Kapiva, Slurp, Slay, Pilgrim, Gynoveda, etc. No Business can stand on its feet without some initial capital. But more than the capital, what our investors brought with them to the table is their guidance and their expertise in the D2C industry.
- We owe our biggest achievement to our customers – the growth in our customer base. The fact that we started the year with 2.5 Lac customers and ended up with more than 8 Lac customers is a testimony to how we are being accepted and loved.
- Over the last year, we saw growth through two avenues – expanding our channels of sales and expanding our product ranges. We started the year with a minimal presence on Marketplace, and in a year we have expanded from being not only on our own website but also be available in 12+ marketplace platforms such as Amazon, Nykaa, Flipkart, Jio, FirstCry, Myntra, etc. Today more people know us because of these Marketplaces.
- To offer our customers a wider range of 100% Natural, Ayurvedic and Freshmade products, we launched two ranges of face products – Both the Freshly Whipped Face Malais and 100% Pure Aloe Gel range went on to become very popular.
- We also launched two ranges of limited edition festive products – 100% Natuaal Holi Gulaal made from natural ingredients, and Recyclable Candles during Diwali made from unused or waste oils and butter. Both these products had a very short product development cycle which was a feat in itself.
- Another feather that we added over the last year was the addition of new variants to our existing product ranges. This needs to be called out, especially because we spoke with our customers, heard them, took their feedback, and then worked on developing the new variants: We launched a new lighter variant of hair oil: Olive almond Vit E Hair oil, two new variants in our freshly whipped skin Malai Range, and four new variants in our Fresh Whipped All Day Face Malai that targets specific concerns.
- We also forayed into the new category of Baby care with products like Baby Ubtan, Baby oils, and Baby Kusha Powder.
- We have been trying to make it a habit to listen to our customers. One big insight we acted upon was our customers’ feedback on shorter delivery timelines – we opened more dispatch centers in India to reduce delivery timelines. We also made ourselves available on models of business on marketplaces that provided short delivery timelines.
- Finally, this list cannot end without the mention of the growth of our team – we grew from a 50-member team to a 150-member corporate plus manufacturing team.
With changing times, and ever-evolving consumer requirements, it is imperative that we continue to adapt and put our best foot forward. In the year 2023, Nat Habit will continue to focus on Innovation – whether it is innovation in our products that we bring to you, innovation in processes and technology that will help us deliver ourselves better, or innovation in our messaging & communications.
We promise to touch 30 Lac households by FY23 and are even planning to enter the offline retail space as well. With respect to our product portfolio, we will expand our ranges by introducing 15 new innovative & fresh products.
With all these dreams in our eyes, and continued dedication, looking forward to setting new milestones through our joined efforts in the upcoming year.