Gurugram, November 02, 2022: Contributing to the industry’s growth momentum with positive year-on-year performance in domestic sales, Honda Motorcycle and Scooter India (HMSI) today announced its sales numbers for the month of October’22.
The company’s total dispatches for the month stood at 449,391 units (including 425,969 units in domestic and 23,422 exports) as compared to 432,229 units in October’21 (including 394,645 domestic sales & 37,584 exports).
Commenting on the company’s performance, Mr. Atsushi Ogata, Managing Director, President & CEO, of Honda Motorcycle & Scooter India said, “This year’s festival season has ushered in a period of real growth & positive sentiment after a challenging period of two years. With celebrations in full swing and a strong growth prospect for the coming times, we are truly elated to witness such strong demand pouring in from the market.”
Key Highlights of October 2022:
- Corporate: Showcasing ease of access & durability of Honda products, HMSI launched a first-of-its-kind outdoor campaign ‘Floating Showroom in the backwaters of Kerala’ to increase ease of accessibility for its customers.
- Business Milestone: Celebrating a landmark achievement in Maharashtra, HMSI announced its cumulative two-wheeler sales in the region have crossed the momentous 80 lac units’ mark.
- Network Expansion: Fortifying its customer reach, HMSI inaugurated new Red Wing outlets in Raigarh (Chhattisgarh), Kamareddy (Telangana), Katihar & Supaul (Bihar), and Visakhapatnam (Andhra Pradesh). Parallely, HMSI expanded its BigWing network with new outlets in Rajkot (Gujarat), New Delhi, and two outlets in Hyderabad (Telangana).
- Road Safety: HMSI organized awareness camps in Bhiwani (Haryana), Chittorgarh (Rajasthan), and Mirzapur (Uttar Pradesh). The company also celebrated the 2nd anniversary of its Safety Driving Education Centre (SDEC) in Bengaluru (Karnataka) and the 5th anniversary of its Traffic Training Park in Karnal (Haryana).
- Corporate Social Responsibility: Realizing the critical need of building proper infrastructure for safe sanitation, Honda India Foundation (HIF) has constructed 350 household toilets benefitting over 1750 people of Vithalapur (Gujarat).
- Motorsports: Repsol Honda Team rider Marc Marquez achieved his 100th podium with an exciting 2nd place finish in the Australian Grand Prix. The Round 5 of the 2022 INMRC concluded with the IDEMITSU Honda SK69 racing team’s Rajiv Sethu winning the second spot in Pro-Stock 165cc of the national championship. On the international front, Honda Racing India’s Rajiv Sethu and Senthil Kumar snatched a total of 11 points at the end of Round 4 of the Asia Road Racing Championship (ARRC).