Hyderabad: July 2023: The Indian Green Building Council (IGBC), a part of the CII, with the support of the Government of Telangana, is hosting the first exclusive IGBC Green Property Show at Hitex Exhibition Centre, Hyderabad from 28th to 30th July 2023. The property show was inaugurated by Sri KT Ramarao, Minister for IT, E&C, MA&UD, and Industries and Commerce, Govt. of Telangana along with Arekapudi Gandhi, MLA Serilingampally, in the presence of Sri C. Shekar Reddy, Chairman CII Telangana and Chairman IGBC, Hyderabad Chapter along with. G. Srinivasa Murthy, Co-Chairman, IGBC Hyderabad Chapter, Mr. K.S. Venkatagiri, Executive Director, IGBC, Mr. M Anand, Deputy Executive Director, IGBC, real estate industry leaders, architects, and interior designers, Green product manufacturers, and other stakeholders.
The 1st edition of IGBC Green Property Show – India’s first-of-its-kind event aimed at sensitizing and motivating prospective buyers to invest in a greener future by choosing IGBC Certified or Pre-Certified Green Projects, Technologies & services over conventional buildings. The Government of Telangana is the Partner State for this event, affirming its commitment to sustainability. This Expo is showcasing Green Residential and Commercial properties, buildings, Products & services. With over 75+ exhibitors spread over an expo space of over 4,200 sq km, the Green Property show brings property developers, relevant product manufacturers, buyers, sustainable developers, and investors who are inclined to purchase properties and products that are sustainable. This expo has multiple benefits: Visibility – IGBC Projects: Platform for Project owners/Developers to showcase their achievement/commitment to Green Building projects, Awareness: We often face the question from the public about, which/where are IGBC certified/pre-certified projects.
This first-of-its-kind event aims to foster creativity, environmental consciousness, and sustainability among young artists. The Painting Competition is open to young artists between the age group of up to 10 years. Participants will be allowed to unleash their creativity and express their thoughts on sustainability and environmental preservation through their artwork. This initiative aims to encourage young minds to think innovatively about environmental preservation and sustainable practices.
Speaking at the inauguration Sri KT Ramarao, Minister for IT, E&C and Industries and Commerce, MA&UD, Govt. of Telangana highlighted:• that IGBC has facilitated India in becoming one of the top three countries in the world in terms of the largest number of registered green building footprints. Now CII IGBC has achieved 10.27 billion square feet of the green building footprint.
- The state of Telangana under the leadership of our Chief Minister Sri KCR Garu has done many things to improve the green footprint. India’s first Green Building, Green Home, Green Airport, Green Railway Station, and Green Factory Building, all of these exist in the State of Telangana.
- The government of Telangana is walking the path of green by implementing sustainability measures in all of our government buildings as well, including this newly built state-of-the-art Secretariat Building, the T Hub, T works, the integrated Command Control Center, New collectorate buildings across the 33 districts of Telangana.
- The new buildings, especially the healthcare facilities, hospitals, and healthcare campuses are being built all over the state. A1 Medical College and one teaching hospital in each and every district will be green-certified.
- The new industrial parks and all the new IT parks being built in the districts are green-certified.
Not only buildings and campuses but the cities of Hyderabad, Warangal, Khammam, and Karimnagar are already adopting the IGBC Green Cities rating.
- Honorable Chief Minister Sri KCR Garu has called for ‘Telangana ku Haritha Haram’ a laudable initiative that has increased the green cover in the state of Telangana from 24% to 33% of the geographical area. • We have planted more than 260 crore 2.6 billion saplings over the last eight years And this is the largest effort, the third largest effort in human history, the largest effort in India. This has led to a 7.7% increase which is again the largest for any state in India.
- Hyderabad has received the prestigious AIPH Green City award in the world, surpassing Mexico City, Paris, and Bogota
- Telangana government is walking the talk and has decided to accommodate Sustainable Development Goals, SDG into its vision for Bangaru Telangana and take steps to operationalize SCS in our state. Operationalizing of Metro Rail, Hyderabad Metro Rail, expansion of Metro Rail, completion of the Outer Ring Road, replacement of all the final lights with LED street lights.
- We are already home to South India’s largest waste-to-energy plant in Jawahar Nagar with about 20 megawatts of capacity. We have already produced 350 megawatts of energy from the waste that we generate from the city of Hyderabad. Not only do we produce energy from the waste, but we also produce compost manure from the wet waste.
- We have set up 2 construction and demolition plants in the city of Hyderabad.
The builders should follow the 4 Mantras – Reduce, Reuse, Recycle, Recharge for every project. The Homebuyers prefer IGBC-rated Green Buildings for homes and office spaces to promote and encourage builders to make more sustainable buildings.
Speaking on the occasion, Sri C Shekar Reddy, Chairman, of CII Telangana and chairman, of IGBC Hyderabad Chapter said, ”The Green Property Show has brought together Green Certified and Pre-Certified Projects by the Indian Green Building Council, along with sustainable products, making it easy for developers to connect with the environment conscious property buyer in India. Telangana State with its visionary leadership has pioneered the Green Movement by adopting sustainable practices for all government buildings and appropriate policy interventions to promote green buildings and the built environment. This event is designed to spread greater awareness among the general populace on the importance of choosing green-rated projects over conventional offerings, and the immense benefits this will provide them financially, in general well-being contributing to sustainability, conserving natural resources, and reducing environmental impacts. Additionally, financial incentives and various benefits are offered to homebuyers and developers who opt for green and sustainable practices in terms of lower interest rates on home loans, etc. Through the Green Property Show, we intend to sensitize the general public towards the benefits of adopting Green Buildings.”
Ar. Srinivasa Murthy G, Co-Chairman, IGBC Hyderabad Chapter added “It is more important today than ever before that prospective home buyers choose their homes with climate change phenomenon in mind. The concept of green and sustainable living has gained significant attention worldwide, and India is no exception. As one of the fastest-growing economies and the most populous country in the world, India faces unique challenges in terms of environmental sustainability. Rapid urbanization, increasing energy demands, and the need for affordable housing have led to a re-evaluation of traditional real estate practices. One of the primary goals of green and sustainable homes is to reduce the carbon footprint. Such homes incorporate innovative design elements and utilize renewable energy sources like solar power and wind energy. They also focus on energy-efficient appliances and lighting systems, which significantly reduce the consumption of electricity and minimize greenhouse gas emissions. By promoting a low-carbon lifestyle, these homes actively contribute to mitigating climate change. The show showcases the latest innovations, technologies, and solutions in green building. It offers a platform for developers, architects, engineers, and eco-conscious individuals to network, exchange ideas, and gain insights into sustainable design and construction practices.”
According to Mr. K S Venkatagiri Executive Director, CII – IGBC, “Today, we are organising India’s first exclusive Green Property Show 2023 at Hyderabad. This is a unique opportunity for property buyers to choose/ buy a green-certified project. Awareness among the public will increase exponentially with this event. The green property show highlights sustainable practices and displays sustainable products such as energy-efficient equipment, waste-saving fixtures, waste recycling techniques, eco-friendly interiors for occupants’ health & well-being, etc. The biggest challenge faced by the Indian Real Estate sector is the high cost of construction. Adopting sustainable models of construction does not involve guidelines on the wise use of resources only; its effects are far-fetched. The optimal use of land, development of multi-use buildings, and better utilization of building materials are some of the factors that translate into better margins. IGBC is working with several stakeholders such as the state and central governments, NGOs, and bilateral, and multilateral agencies including World GBC on this mission.”
Mr. M Anand, Deputy Executive Director, IGBC stated, “IGBC Green Property Show will be a great platform to showcase some of the best sustainable and eco-friendly living spaces that Hyderabad has to offer so that residents can explore and invest in smart and resilient choices while contributing to a greener tomorrow, not just for themselves but for future generations to come. The residential sector consumes about 24% of the electrical energy generated, which would continue to rise. Buying a green home ensures energy efficiency leading to enormous savings along with a more comfortable and durable space. Green Homes combines state-of-the-art energy-efficient construction, appliances, cooling systems, and lighting, with passive design strategies which take advantage of local climate and site conditions. Energy consumption can be substantially reduced by incorporating strategies that are economically viable with an attractive return on investment. Simple measures like orientation, harvesting daylight, providing abundant ventilation, adopting passive measures, and selecting energy-efficient appliances can go a long way in enhancing energy efficiency. Developers are increasingly focusing on integrating sustainable infrastructure and amenities, such as electric vehicle charging stations, bicycle lanes, and community gardens. The green property show showcases a plethora of choices for making energy efficient homes, offering a safe and happy life to the inhabitants.”