Bangalore, October 17, 2023: Pearson, the world’s leading learning company, showcased its workforce skills solutions at DIDAC, India’s largest education technology fair, designed to equip learners for success in today’s evolving job market. These solutions align with the global education ecosystem facilitating lateral movement between vocational and academic paths, and integrating seamlessly with international higher education opportunities. This ensures that Indian learners gain access to globally recognized qualifications, enhancing their employability both nationally and globally.
India is committed to expanding vocational education, aiming to expose at least 50% of learners in the school and higher education system to vocational education by 2025, in accordance with the National Education Policy 2020. Pearson is actively collaborating with educational providers and the government to provide vocational training and skill development programs that align with the evolving job market.
To address the pressing need for upskilling and workforce development, National Skill Development Corporation International (NSDCI) and Pearson collaborated to promote Pearson’s BTEC qualifications. It was initiated to catalyze the adoption of academic and vocational qualifications that are recognized by education ministries and employers globally. At the DIDAC event, Pearson showcased BTEC qualifications.
BTEC Higher Nationals are internationally recognised higher education qualifications at levels 4 and 5 that are equivalent to the first and second years of a university degree, providing progression to both university and employment.
- BTEC Higher Nationals are internationally recognized higher education qualifications that are equivalent to the first and second years of a university degree. They are offered at more than 30 partners in India, including universities, colleges, international schools, and private training centers.
- Pearson BTEC qualifications are career-focused and recognized globally. More than 500 learners in Kerala alone are signing up for Pearson BTEC qualifications across levels.
- BTEC enables nurses through reskilling/upskilling for roles linked to the NHS UK and global healthcare providers. They create a workforce for evolving segments, such as home healthcare roles.
- Real-life scenarios are used for assessment and assignments. Pearson’s workforce skills solutions also assist businesses in futureproofing and retaining their workforce.
- BTEC qualifications are aligned with global economic needs and recognized by employers. BTEC covers a wide range of subjects, from digital technology to art and design to healthcare to business, enabling learners to develop the skills the world needs.